Senior Financial Analyst
Compensation: $93,936.67 - $188,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sitdown together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, NewZealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Gathers regional financial and operational data, performs analyses and helps to draw conclusions based on that data, and prepares appropriate and relevant reports and presentations to upper management. Primary focus will be on the domestic Warehouse segment (approximately 30+ temperature-controlled warehouses generating $200+ million in annual revenues).
1. Assists with forecasting annual operating budget for facilities within region, including loading data to the Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) system and compiling final product into presentation format.
2. Assists in the month end close process, variance explanations, and researching and reviewing financial results for sites within region by providing information on trends and discrepancies along with recommendation(s).
3. Serves as a critical resource for data collection, analysis, and presentation.
4. Assists in consolidating business commentary and results into key themes.
5. Assists in the preparation of management reports summarizing operational results for the period, including both financial and non-financial data, and assists in developing slides for executive presentations as needed or as requested.
6. Works with and partners with Corporate Finance team to drive value add projects, strategic initiatives, and business cases and partners with other functional departments on assigned projects as necessary.
7. Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
* BS Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance and 3 years of relevant financial analyst experience.
* Previous exposure to Operations, Manufacturing, Transportation, or Warehousing industries is preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and Word. Proficiency with Access is preferred.
* Previous demonstrated experience with financial and business intelligence systems. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with SAP and SAP-BPC is preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of budget and reporting systems such as HYPERION, ESSBASE, COGNOS, or equivalent.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills sufficient to prepare financial documents, reports, and presentations.
* Demonstrated ability to work on teams exemplified by implemented results or change to processes.
* Self-starter with demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems in a fast-paced environment where deadlines and scopes may change regularly while maintaining accuracy.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
* Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
* Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
* Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
* Requires some travel by automobile and airplane up to 10% of the time
* May require to visit facility environments in temperatures at or below freezing
* May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
* Requires the use of various electronic tools
* Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
* Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
* Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Associated topics: business finance, business intelligence, business systems analyst, government, guidance, investment analytics, law, market, regulation, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...