Alvarez & Marsal, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI) CFO Services team in various locations throughout the U.S. With more than 3,500 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A & Ms Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice, with offices throughout the US, focuses on serving middle market and large cap private equity firms who have engaged A & M to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies.
Our professionals are aligned with a PEPI service line to promote the development of deep functional skills & experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
The CFO Services practice is a growing business with excellent opportunities for career advancement and building leadership skills. The CFO Services leadership team is focused on providing career development and training for high performing professionals.
PEPI CFO Services Associate:
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting, with a preference for CPAs or a strong background in FP & A
- Working with team members through a time-sensitive project by structuring a work plan and managing the process through to completion;
- Developing findings and making strategic recommendations;
- Strong financial modeling experience and solid understanding of financial statements development of 13-week cash flows is preferred; experience with Tableau and think-cell software is a plus
- Treasury / cash management experience a strong plus
- Systems implementation experience a plus
- Synthesizing meaningful insights from data, opinions, or facts
- Strong written, oral and analytical skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Structured project management (time, team and work-streams management)
- Initiative and drive
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to deliver time-pressured project on-time and on-quality
- Flexible and creative thinking
- Client relationship building
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field, with 2-4 years of previous related accounting/finance roles, performance improvement operations consulting, accounting diligence, or restructuring experience;
- MBA or other advanced degree or certification preferred (e.g., CPA, CFA, etc.);
- Flexibility to travel up to 80% of the time
It is Alvarez & Marsals policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A & M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A & M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.