Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Individuals and businesses that partner with Alper Services are diverse and often have very complex needs and can be in different industries and no one solution works for all. As Accounting Associate, you will play an integral role in our relationships with our Clients in all areas of insurance; as well as with our insurance carriers, industry partners and all Team Members.
As Accounting Associate, you will work closely with various departments, Team Members and perform accounting duties and assists with accounting projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of billing and bookkeeping procedures along with analytical abilities and good communications skills.
Education: Associates degree (or higher) in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of recent general accounting experience required
- o Strong experience with bookkeeping, billing and reconciling
- o Proven track record of working on projects that require problem troubleshooting, problem solving, and coordinating.
- o Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- o Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Collections (agency bill)
- o Runs daily process and distributes invoices to account managers daily
- o Generates and distributes accounts receivable reports to account management teams weekly
- o Completes courtesy calls to Clients weekly on open invoices. Provides invoice copies as needed
- o Identifies and communicates invoices approaching Credit Policy aging limits
- o Ensures Client credits and balances on account are resolved timely
- o Documents collection activities in agency management system
Issues Credit Balances to Clients; ensures return premiums are received from carrier where applicable
- o Premium finance quoting, oversight, communication, service, processing, and follow-up
- o Ensures premium finance agreements and down payments are in compliance with Credit Policy
Direct Bill Reconciliation
- o Reconciles carrier statements with billing records
- o Resolves direct bill discrepancies with carriers and internal billing
- o Runs productions reports upon request
Benefit plan administration and deduction review
- o Maintains employee information in transit programs
- o Reconciliations payroll deductions to group benefit statements
New Business tracking and producer commissions
- o Tracks new business written and ensures correct billing
- o Reviews and corrects executive commissions as needed
- o Serves as back up for accounts payable positions
- o Billing/invoicing as required
- o Files various state franchise tax forms
- o Serves as a contact for mail delivery regarding receiving checks
- o Documents work in accordance with Alper filing procedures
- o Develops and maintains procedures and/or manuals in support of business processes within assigned area of responsibility
- o Assist in miscellaneous financial projects or tasks as needed
- o All work completed per Alper standards for quality and in in the time frames required
- o Train new or less experienced team members as requested or required
- o Assists with billing transactions as needed
- o Assists with special projects including sales commission tracking
- o Ad hoc reporting and other accounting assistance as needed
- Typical office work environment
- Work is performed during standard business hours, however extended hours may be required on occasion to complete special assignment
- Paid Time Off (PTO) may be restricted due to internal payroll/project deadlines. However, our company policy provides that managers always have the discretion to accept or deny PTO requests.
- Limited travel required
Loading some great jobs for you...