Are you an experienced Tax Analyst? If so, let s talk!
Our client is actively seeking a talented Tax Analyst to work at their location in Chapel Hill, NC. This is a 6-month assignment with the possibility to go permanent with our client.
This position focuses on ad valorem taxes and tax assessments. This Tax Compliance Analyst will be primarily responsible for maintaining compliance with local and state taxing authorities on behalf of our client s operating solar plants as well as other special purpose entities and subsidiaries, contribute to compliance reporting, and complete analysis for potential tax implication for assets in the development process. This position will also assist with other Asset Management compliance obligations. The Tax Compliance Analyst will interact closely with the Asset Management Analyst team in order to identify entities and assets that require compliance activity and to identify and challenge disproportional assessments.
- Prepare and submit tax filings and returns to local jurisdictions, state revenue departments, and federal taxing authorities for monthly, quarterly, and annual filings.
- Facilitate payment requests for tax payments including real property, business personal property, sales & use, franchise, business license, motor vehicle leasing, and other taxes.
- Complete analysis of tax assessments with applicable tax code to determine the validity of all tax liability and possible savings under different options and contest assessments that merit further review by the taxing authority.
- Coordinate or facilitate tax appeals and application into any program that may provide tax savings for the associated entities.
- Establish valuable points of contact within local governments and taxing authorities to enable efficient communication and proactive compliance and act as the point of contact for the various taxing authorities.
- Work with project development teams to provide estimates of tax liability for future projects as requested during project development.
- Work as needed to support and agree Payments-in-lieu-of Taxes.
- Prepare for, and assist with, transaction tax audits.
- Regularly assess tax-related risks such as annexation into a new taxing jurisdiction, changing legislation on all types of tax in project locations, or other assessments in the industry that could ultimately affect projects.
- Provide guidance based on research of transaction tax laws and regulations.
- Provide report and analysis for tax obligations for portfolio assets for compliance reporting, budgeting and planning purposes.
- Assist Asset Management Analyst team with other compliance obligations as needed.
- Bachelor s Degree or greater.
- 4 or more year s tax-related professional experience, particularly involving local ad valorem tax, local tax appeals, and valuation.
- Solid understanding of ad valorem tax law and related experience, NC but experience in other states are ideal
- Ability to review applicable local and state tax codes and apply its implications to a variety of deal structures (this does not include income tax).
- Experience working with local taxing authorities and government agencies.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with key points of contact in large organizations.
- Experience with financial statements and the preparation of local tax returns.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Effective interactions with colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Job Requisition # 28666
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
Company Staffing 501 1000 employees
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. We offer excellent benefits and the opportunity for longevity, working with our premier fortune 100 clients. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.
Associated topics: business analytic, business systems analyst, consult, examiner, guidance, investment fund, market, monitor, refine, strategy