Legal - Senior Bill Production Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are seeking an experienced Legal
professional to join the billing department our client, a large law firm, as a Senior Bill Production Specialist
. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating and executing the entire billing process for assigned billing attorneys; maintaining billing information; editing proformas, processing and transmitting client invoices; and advising attorneys on complex billing issues by presenting solutions to accommodate client billing requirements. Qualifications:
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Associates Degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum (FIVE) 5+ years of billing or accounting experience in a LAW FIRM
- Aderant Expert experience is preferred but will consider other billing platforms
- Knowledge of bookkeeping concepts required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, and billing rates.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel.
- Legal billing experience preferred.
- Strong experience with high volume electronic billing over multiple platforms preferred.
- High standards, excellent attention to detail, effective communicator, an ownership mentality and exceptional follow through skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with staff, attorneys and clients on a daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines on a regular basis.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction while adapting to changing priorities and work demands.
- Coordinating and executing the entire billing process for assigned billing attorneys.
- Maintain billing information; editing prebills, processing and transmitting client invoices.
- Advise attorneys on complex billing issues by presenting solutions to accommodate client billing requirements.
- Review New Matter Memos (NMM) for assigned billings attorneys to verify billing rates, billing formats, budgets, fee arrangements and client billing/email address.
- Enter and maintain this information in Elite billing system and in cases individual client/billing attorney billing notes.
- Interact with assigned billing attorneys (and their legal secretaries) to establish an understanding of clients/matters regarding billing formats, alternative fee arrangements, and methodology.
- Edit client/matter proformas, investigate and change in the billing system, as directed by billing attorney.
- Track dates of edited proformas received from billing attorneys on monthly billing log and/or monthly large client spreadsheet.
- Process client invoices via Elite billing system, adhering to client billing guidelines and Firm billing policies and procedures.
- Mail, e-mail or electronically transmit finalized invoices to clients.
- Initiate and complete requests for supporting documentation required by the clients.
- Monitor and report attorney compliance to Firm billing policies and procedures.
- Review assigned client electronic billing guidelines to ensure client electronic billing information reflects correct criteria.
- Communicate with billing attorney and secretary regarding setup and completion of information needed to successful rollout of new e-billing clients.
- Transmit electronic billing files to appropriate e-billing vendor. Monitor acceptance/rejection of transmittal. Review rejected transactions for compliance to billing guidelines; analyze, edit and resubmit to e-billing vendor. Contact billing attorney regarding rejected items when applicable.
- Maintain a working knowledge on the Firm's primary electronic billing platforms.
- Maintain a working knowledge of various fee arrangements and the related billing process utilized by the Firm. Advise billing attorneys at the outset of the engagement as to the best approach/process for executing the billing process for the identified fee arrangement.
- Maintain a working knowledge on how to gather billing related information in both Elite and Intellistat.
- Identify (in consultation with billing attorney) and then develop (either on own in Excel or through coordination with the Firm's Data Analysts) reports which facilitate and efficient billing process and effective communication with the billing attorney on billing status.
- Using system reports or Excel, effectively track amounts remaining to be billed/paid for the client or matter under agreed upon fee arrangements or budgets. Effectively communicate such information to the billing attorney on a regular basis so as to facilitate efficient and timely billing.
- As requested by the billing attorney, develop reports (either on own in Excel or through coordination with the Firm's Data Analysts) to provide supplemental billing analysis required by the billing attorney or the client.
- Research clients' billing questions as directed by billing attorney or client.
- Special projects as assigned.
Please send your resume in WORD if you have the requisite experience listed above to SwShah@AdamsMartinGroup.com!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...