Accountemps currently has a short-term temporary-to-full-time position open for an experienced, organized Staff Accountant at a dynamic, growing organization. As a Staff Accountant, you will prepare monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. You will have responsibility for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will promote the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in compliance, communicate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This very involved position works to produce Cash Flow projections, Budgets, and Financial Statements. This Hampton, Virginia based company is offering an opportunity that is multi-faceted and challenging in nature. It's a thriving environment where effort is rewarded.
How you will make an impact
- Support fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Maintain intricate journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Oversee the creation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for reporting to management
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Carry out month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Participate in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Organize capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Mature organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Solid understanding of Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Well-founded grasp of Costpoint (Deltek)
- Expertise in bank reconciliations
- Experience with general ledger
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Call us at our branch office at757.624.1100
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...