Compensation: $81,330.00 - $126,990.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The 9thWonder Houston team is looking for a Corporate Controller to join our fast-growing team of diverse talents. As we continue our growth and success, the Corporate Controller will assist the executive team and different offices in providing operational and financial leadership to the agency.
This person will be responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the agency in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). In addition, the Corporate Controller will be directly involved in providing strategic financial input, analysis, and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the agency. The Corporate Controller will also be responsible for enhancing and/or developing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation, effectiveness and financial condition of the agency.
As the Corporate Controller, your responsibilities will be:
Financial Management & Accounting
- Direct and manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes to ensure timely billing
- Liaising and partnering with media and production finance team to improve process effectiveness
- Facilitate the optimization of the agency s accounting software system, by providing the appropriate information regarding estimating, traffic, profit and loss, revenue and account summary reporting
- Create and implement a working capital plan, manage cash flow and direct investment of excess liquidity
- Responsible for accounting records for holding company and all subsidiaries
- Report to the managing partners on all financial areas
- Oversee and direct the annual outside review or audit process
- Work with outside accountants to satisfy all regulatory and tax compliance filings and reports and minimize taxes
- Work directly with team leaders/departments heads in the forecasting of revenues and expenses for all clients, reporting to managing partners on a quarterly basis
- Manage the annual budgeting process
- Review existing and new client contracts
- Implement stringent confidentiality agreements with all vendors, clients, and employees in order to protect the intellectual and creative property of our clients and the agency
- Preserve, protect and vigorously defend the firm s assets, business, and interests
- Administer and coordinate legal action, when appropriate and warranted
- Maintain all acceptable insurance policies to limit the exposure that can occur in the production process and report on coverages, deductibles and co-insurance amounts
- Report on risks not covered by insurance
- Oversee and administer all agreements for office/storage space leases, computer leases, etc.
- Direct and manage the purchase of office furniture and supplies
- Monitor payroll and travel expenditures
- Initiate meetings, as needed, with agency staff and/or managing partners to address areas of concern or ideas for process efficiency and improvement
- Supervise Accounting staff and manage people (team of 5 7 staff)
- Strong drive to explore and develop new areas for agency growth and profitability
- Desire to support agency visibility by participating in appropriate professional and business forums and organizations
- Passion for building and maintaining forecast models
- Hands-on management style
- Given size of team the ideal candidate will need to demonstrate balance between managing team and getting work done
- Working with other office locations, time zones and finance people in remote locations
- Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions a plus
- Career development opportunity to move to Partner / CFO role in 3-5 years
The Corporate Controller has:
- Minimum 8 years of Accounting/Financial experience
- Service industry experience beneficial
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or significant ad agency experience at Controller level
- Advanced PC skills Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook
- Webvantage experience a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- FP&A experience a plus
Does this sound like you?
Nice! You must be super-talented, so we d love to hear from you. Send your resume and a link to your work to ...@9thwonder.com with CONHou in the subject line. Don t call us. We re busy doing stuff. We ll get in touch when we re free.
The Legal Stuff
9thWonder offers a fun and rewarding environment, where every associate is valued. That s not just a legal HR statement, we appreciate all members of the team and thrive to craft a culture where the best idea is boss. While we thank you in advance for your interest, please know we will only respond to those whose experience and skills most closely match the requirements of the position. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...